Who are we?
I am a former finance journalist and book editor but I gave up work to focus on my family for a few years. As my daughter grew up to be a passionate classical musician, I found it hard to find the clothes she was asked to wear for her performances. I founded Black Dress Code when it became clear that an entire, highly-trained profession had no access to a ready supply of what are, effectively, work clothes.
Black Dress Code Ltd. is the first company to make a range of performance clothes purpose designed specifically to meet the needs of musicians. No longer do musicians need to scour the sales racks at Christmas to find the few items that meet their orchestral or choral needs for the year, nor are they forced to squeeze into restrictive, badly-made black shirts or dresses. They will find all they need, year-round with us: stylish, easy-care clothes that allow complete freedom of movement to perform.
What makes us special?
- Waistbands expand as you breathe
- Sleeves allow complete freedom of movement
- Fabrics breathe, are crease resistant and are all easily washable
- Same shade of deep black throughout our range
- Our Rubato™ fabric is the perfect tour fabric. Sadly, it isn’t suitable for all our range
- Our professional men’s shirts are designed to meet every need
- Quality clothes ethically produced in the UK and Portugal and guaranteed
- Affordable price commitment with a stated aim to minimise landfill
- Our glossy, black postage bags are biodegradable
- We can customise our clothes for individuals, schools, orchestras or choirs
Get in touch
We aim to develop a close relationship with musicians around the world. We therefore welcome any feedback and suggestions for future projects. Contact us and tell us what you need. For more information, or to place an order, email firstname.lastname@example.org.